State and National Affiliation Websites
- NJEA: The New Jersey Education Association
- NEA: The National Education Association
Organizations that Advocate for Children
- CASA of Passaic County: Court Appointed Special Advocates for Children; CASA assigns a trained volunteer to advocate for a child that has been removed from their home because of abuse or neglect.
- Education Law Center: Led by David Sciarra, this organization led the fight for the New Jersey Abbott court ruling and continues to fight for fair education funding.
Member Benefits and Opportunities
- Learning Resource Center: Supported through the NJ Department of Education, these centers provide materials to education professionals at a very low cost.
- American Labor Museum/Botto House National Landmark: (From the homepage:) “WHO WE ARE: The American Labor Museum advances public understanding of the history of work, workers and the labor movement throughout the world, with special attention to the ethnicity and immigrant experience of American workers.”
- North Jersey Teacher: Features local education writers and local event; editor-in-chief Stephen Gambuti is a Passaic County teacher.
- Jersey Jazzman: (From the homepage:) “Word Jazz served (mostly) daily. Education, politics, music, the arts, New Jersey, and whatever else strikes me.”
- V.A.M.: Value Added Measure: (From the homepage:) “We are a group of civil servants, dedicated to questioning the rise of the educational reform expert: Be they a politician, a “humble” billionaire or some unwittingly and hubristically endowed halfwit that truly believes s/he knows what’s best for public education.”
- Diane Ravitch’s blog: (From the homepage): “A site to discuss better education for all.”